A short break from the busy city life is beneficial and recommended to everyone. A day or two of not thinking stressful work related concerns is a real treat to oneself. You don’t need to be bankrupt to enjoy and replenish some lost energy in your body.
As I age, I realized that going to the beach is best for physical and mental health. Just get there, eat the food you like, drink coffee by the beach, run even when no one is running after you, watch the sun rise and sun set, breathe fresh air, have fun with the waves and just dip in the water.
At the end of the day, put some notes that will remind you of what you did because it will forever remain a memory.
Wondering where to go, I found an amazing beach called Lola Sayong Eco-Surf Camp in Gubat, Sorsogon Bicol and here’s how you can get there.
- Traveling from Legazpi City, proceed to the Van/Bus terminal. It is just a few minutes’ walk from Gaisano mall or you may ride a tricycle to get there sooner for P20-40 solo ride.
- Look for transport vans going to Sorsogon City. Fare is at P120 per passenger. Travel time is approximately 1-2 hours depending on traffic.
- Tell the driver that you will get off at the PUJ terminal going to Gubat, Sorsogon. It is just across Chowking and Jollibee food chains.
- Ride a jeepney with a sign board “Buenavista” Gubat, Sorsogon. The fare is P29 per passenger and it’s about 30 minutes ride from the city center.
- Get off at Buenavista terminal or anywhere near it and ride a tricycle to Lola Sayong Beach. The fare is P30-40 and it’s about 5-10 minutes ride.
There is a P25 entrance fee to the beach. At the entrance, you have to make the arrangements for your accommodations and other activities like surfing. There are options to rent cottages and Nipa houses if you plan to stay overnight. They serve breakfast or meals which they cook and prepare upon order any time the kitchen is open.
The facilities were mostly built using all natural resources available surrounding the beach. Starting off with the shower area, rest rooms, kitchen and tables outside were made of woods and bamboos. The place is clean and conducive for pure relaxation.
The mobile network signal is limited to 2G or lucky if you get to capture some 3G signal on your phone.
The best part is, the waves are very inviting for surfing! Surfers will definitely love this place. I got the chance to do a surfing lesson and surf while it’s was raining. The place is fantastic.
The beach is not crowded on weekdays just like any other resorts. The ambiance is so relaxing and the staff are accommodating.